Recording fees are now the same whether you own Recorded Land or Registered Land. Most property is Recorded Land. If the document you wish to record refers to a “Book and Page” number, you probably have Recorded Land. If your document refers to a “Certificate of Title” number, you probably have Registered Land.
- The Registry accepts only cash or checks for recording transactions
- Please make all checks payable to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Telephone numbers and addresses must be on all checks
- Document recording fees must be in the exact amount and total due should be paid with one check or cash
- Identification must be presented