All Recorded Land Plans from 1731 to date have been scanned and are available on our website, www.masslandrecords.com. A plot plan is a stamped drawing, drawn to a measurable scale by a state registered engineer or a state registered land surveyor. Plot plans do not get recorded.
For information about surveys, contact the Massachusetts Association of Land Surveyors at (617) 227-5551 or visit their website at www.malsce.org.
- Plan sizes shall be a minimum of eight and one-half inches by eleven inches (8 1/2″ x 11″) and a maximum of twenty-four inches by thirty-six inches (24″x 36″).
- Plans being presented for recording shall be on linen or polyester film (“Mylar”), single matte with a thickness of 3 mils (i.e., .003 inches), and must have an opacity so as to allow consistent computer scanning and Diazo and microfilm reproduction.
- All plans shall be prepared using a compatible ink with excellent cohesiveness which will produce a permanent bond and result in a plan with long term durability. All signatures must be in black India ink or its equal.
- Linen or polyester reproductions shall be accepted for recording provided they contain original signatures and comply with the other requirements for the recording of plans.
- Each plan shall have three quarter inch (3/4″) borders.
- The minimum letter size on plans presented for recording shall be one-eighth (1/8″) if free-hand lettering is used and one-tenth inch (1/10″) if lettering guides are used.
- Each plan presented for recording shall include a graphic scale.
- Each plan shall have an area reserved to receive planning board recitation or contain a surveyor’s certification as per Chapter 380, Acts of 1966 (G.L. c. 41, s. 81x).
- Each sheet of each plan shall have a three and one-half inch by three and one-half inch (3.5″ x 3.5″) square.
- Each plan must contain a certification clause signed by the person preparing the plan stating that he has conformed with the rules and regulations of the Registers of Deeds in preparing the plan.
- No tape adhesion or the like shall be placed on any plan presented for recording or registration. Plans presented for recording shall not contain any raised print.