Amendments under the General Laws, Chapter 36, section 13A,approved by the Attorney General as amended January 12, 1988 are as follows:
- Plan sizes shall be a minimum of eight and one-half inches by eleven inches (8 1/2" x 11") and a maximum of twenty-four inches by thirty-six inches (24" x 36")
- Plans being presented for recording shall be on linen or polyester film, single matte with a thickness of .003 mils, and must have an opacity so as to allow consistent diazo and microfilm reproduction.
- All plans shall be prepared using a compatible ink with excellent cohesiveness which will produce a permanent bond and result in a plan with long term durability. All signatures must be in black india ink or its equal.
- Linen or polyester reproductions shall be accepted for recording provided they contain original signatures and comply with the other requirements for the recording of plans.
- Each plan shall have three quarter inch (3/4") borders.
- The minimum letter size on plans presented for recording shall be one-eighth (1/8") if free-hand lettering is used and one-tenth inch (1/10") if lettering guides are used.
- Each plan presented for recording shall include a graphic scale.
- Each plan shall have an area reserved to receive planning board recitation or contain a surveyors certification as per Chapter 380, Acts of 1966 (G.L. ch. 41, s,81x).
- Each plan shall have a three and one-half inch (3 1/2") square reserved for Suffolk Deeds Registry use.
- Each plan must contain a certification clause signed by the preparer stating that he/she has conformed with the rules and regulations of the Registries of Deeds in preparing the plan.
- Pursuant to M.G.L. Ch. 183A, S8 - Condominiums:
A set of the floor plans of the building or buildings, showing the layout, location, unit numbers and dimensions of the units, stating the name of the building or that it has not a name, and bearing the verified statement of a registered architect, registered professional engineer, or registered land surveyor, certifying that the plans fully and accurately depict the layout, location, unit number and dimensions of the units as built.