Recorded Land Plans:
All Recorded Land Plans recorded at the Registry have been scanned and are available online at Masslandrecords.com. Use the “Search Land Records” link and choose “Plans” in “Search Criteria” at the top of your screen.
Registered Land Plans:
All Registered Land Plans are scanned and are available online at Masslandrecords.com
Amendments under the General Laws, Chapter 36, section 13A, approved by the Attorney General as amended January 12, 1988 are as follows:
- Plan sizes shall be a minimum of eight and one-half inches by eleven inches (8 ½” x 11″) and a maximum of twenty-four inches by thirty-six inches (24″ x 36″).
- Plans being presented for recording shall be on linen or polyester film, single matte with a thickness of .003 mils, and must have an opacity so as to allow consistent diazo and microfilm reproduction.
- All plans shall be prepared using a compatible ink with excellent cohesiveness which will produce a permanent bond and result in a plan with long term durability. All signatures must be in black india ink or its equal.
- Linen or polyester reproductions shall be accepted for recording provided they contain original signatures and comply with the other requirements for the recording of plans.
- Each plan shall have three quarter inch (3/4″) borders.
- The minimum letter size on plans presented for recording shall be one-eighth inch (1/8″) if free-hand lettering is used and one-tenth inch (1/10”) if lettering guides are used.
- Each plan presented for recording shall include a graphic scale.
- Each plan shall have an area reserved to receive planning board recitation or contain a surveyor’s certification as per Chapter 380, Acts of 1966 (G.L. ch. 41, sec. 81x).
- Each plan shall have a three and one-half inch (3 1/2”) square reserved for Registry of Deeds use.
- Each plan must contain a certification clause signed by the preparer stating that he/she has conformed with the rules and regulations of the Registers of Deeds in preparing the plan.
- In masslandrecords.com click on North Middlesex. This will take you to the Search screen.
- Click on “Search Criteria”. Under “Plans”, choose Book (Year) Search.
- Under “Book/Year”, insert book, map file or plat file information according to chart below.
- Under Page#/Plan#, after “beginning with” insert book, map file or plat file information according to chart below.