Electronic recording is available for lenders, settlement agents/attorneys and servicers. For questions about eligibility or qualification for e-recording please contact one of the below authorized intermediaries directly. The documents submitted electronically range from dozens of assignments transmitted by major national lenders to full closings conducted by local attorneys.
Recorded Land documents can be electronically recorded at the Middlesex South Registry of Deeds. Registered Land document cannot be electronically recorded.
Here is an overview of how electronic recording works:
If you wish to begin submitting documents electronically, you must enroll with one of the following companies and submit your documents through their respective recording interfaces. Please contact the companies directly for further information about their services.
|CSC eRecording Department||n/a||866-652-0111||[email protected]|
|ERXCHANGE||Jason Miley||214-841-8048||[email protected]|
|Simplifile||Brian Kilfoyle||800-460-5657 x 1032||[email protected]|
Suggested References for E-Recording:
Index Formatting Standards (2008) (PDF)
Document Formatting Standards (PDF)
Common Causes for E-Recording Rejection
- Submission is a Registered Land Documents: e-recording is available for Recorded Land documents only.
- For mortgages: failure to include the deed reference(s).
- When signing as Trustee(s): one or all are missing: the name of the trust and/or the book and page reference for the trust.
- The notary name and expiration are not stamped or printed on the document.
- The names of signors are not printed underneath their signature.
- For death certificate(s): failure to include the book and page of the applicable deed.
- Chestnut Hill is not a city or town, please determine which applies: Brookline, Newton, Wellesley, etc.
- For a discharge or assignment: the book and page numbers of mortgages are either not listed or are incorrect.
- For subordination recorded without new mortgage: the book and page number to the mortgage being subordinated is required, as well as the book and page of the new mortgage that it is being subordinated to.
- Due to current program limitations (calculating fees), multiple function documents must be mailed or recorded in person. For example, a multiple function document would be a discharge releasing a mortgage and an assignment of leases and rents with two distinct books and pages. This document would have to be mailed in with a fee for each book and page released.