The Dukes County Registry of Deeds is accepting electronic filing of documents. We have partnered with Simplifile & CSC to make e-filing secure and more efficient for you. The documents submitted electronically range from dozens of assignments transmitted by major national lenders to discharges and mortgages. Currently we are only accepting Deeds through Simplifile. All land transfers and any transfers of interest, for consideration or not, including leases (of 30 years of more) must be processed through the Land Bank prior to being recorded at the Registry of Deeds.
If you wish to begin submitting documents electronically, you must enroll with one of the following companies and submit your instruments through their respective recording interfaces.
Only certain entities or people are permitted to record documents electronically. These include
- an attorney authorized to practice law in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- a title insurer licensed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- a state or federally chartered bank insured by the FDIC
- a credit union insured by the National Credit Union Administration
- an agency of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- a political subdivision or an agency of a political subdivision of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- an agency of the federal government
- an attorney authorized to practice law in a jurisdiction within the United States
- a mortgage servicing company licensed to do business in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- a member of Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems Inc.
- a duly organized outsourcing services company authorized to record documents in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts on behalf of an entity that is eligible in its own right to record electronically under this section
Please contact the companies directly for further information about their services.
|Simplifile||Brian Kilfoyle||800-460-5657 x 1032||[email protected]|
|CSC||Customer Support||855-200-1150||[email protected]|