Are you facing foreclosure?
There are a number of agencies that can be helpful if you have fallen behind on your mortgage payments and need assistance. The agencies listed below will help you better understand your options when facing Foreclosure.
- Office of Attorney General Maura Healey
- Housing counseling agencies – counseling on buying, renting, defaults, foreclosures, credit issues and reverse mortgages
- Office of Consumer Affairs and Business Regulation – foreclosure resources
- MassHousing – foreclosure prevention loans
- Massachusetts Housing Consumer Education Center – information and referrals can help resolve housing problems
- Boston Department of Neighborhood Development – referrals to foreclosure prevention services
- Ecumenical Social Action Committee – intervention assistance for eastern Massachusetts residents
- Veterans Affairs Regional Loan Center – assistance for veterans with delinquent mortgage loans
- Massachusetts Legal Services – how foreclosures work and steps you can take
- Legal assistance
- Berkshire County Regional Housing Authority, Foreclosure Prevention Counseling Services, (413) 344-4810 or (413) 238-1828
For additional information regarding foreclosures type “foreclosure resources” into the search box at the following website: www.mass.gov/ocabr
Mortgage Modification Programs
For information regarding Mortgage Modification Programs, type “making homes affordable” into the search box on the following web site: www.mass.gov/ocabr