Recorded Land Plans:
All Recorded Land Plans recorded at the Registry have been scanned and are available online at Masslandrecords.com. Select Search Criteria and look for Recorded Land Plans. For help with searching Recorded Land Plans, go to Search Records Instructions under Search Records.
Registered Land Plans:
All Registered Land Plans are scanned and are available online at Masslandrecords.com Select Search Criteria and look for Registered Land Plans. For help with searching Registered Land Plans, go to Search Records Instructions under Search Records.
20-5. Plan Regulations – (Appendix B) No plan shall be recorded unless it complies with the following regulations:
- Size of Plan. Plan sizes shall be a minimum of eight and one-half inches by eleven inches (8 1/2″ x 11″) and a maximum of twenty-four inches by thirty-six inches (24″ x 36″)
- Plan Material. Plans being presented for recording shall be on linen or polyester film (“mylar”), single matte with a thickness of 3 mils (i.e., .003 inches), and must have an opacity so as to allow consistent computer scanning and Diazo and microfilm reproduction.
- Type of Ink. All plans shall be prepared using a compatible ink with excellent cohesiveness which will produce a permanent bond and result in a plan with long term durability. All signatures must be in black India ink or its equal.
- Plan Reproductions. Linen or polyester reproductions shall be accepted for recording provided they contain original signatures and comply with the other requirements for the recording of plans.
- Borders. Each plan shall have three quarter inch (3/4″) borders.
- Size of Letters. The minimum letter size on plans presented for recording shall be one-eighth (1/8″) if free-hand lettering is used and one-tenth inch (1/10″) if lettering guides are used.
- Graphic Scale. Each plan presented for recording shall include a graphic scale.
- Recitations or Certifications. Each plan shall have an area reserved to receive planning board recitation or contain a surveyors certification as per Chapter 380, Acts of 1966 (MGL c.41, s.81x).
- “Registry Square.” Each sheet of each plan shall have a three and one-half (3 1/2″) square
- Certification Clause. Each plan must contain a certification clause signed by the person preparing the plan stating that he has conformed with the rules and regulations of the Registers of Deeds in preparing the plan.
- No Tape or Raised Print. No tape adhesion or the like shall be placed on any plan presented for recording or registration. Plans presented for recording
For more information on plans, see the Massachusetts Indexing Standards Massachusetts Deed Indexing Standards