Corporate Certificates at The Registry of Deeds
Corporate Certficates can be ordered in person at the Register’s (with next day pickup) or online as described in the instructions below:
Instructions for online orders
- The link below takes you to “Search Corporate Database”
- Enter the name of the corporation
- Select the correct entry from the resulting names
- Copy that corporation’s Federal ID number
- Click “Request a Certificate” and complete that form
- In “Special Instructions” type SEND TO [REGISTRY NAME]
Order a Corporate Certificate Online
Corporate Certificate Pickup Service
You May Order a Corporate Certificate From the Secretary of States Office and Pick It Up at the Middlesex South Registry of Deeds, however, you must call us at 617-679-6300 and make a pick-up appointment. (Begins July 13, 2020).
Here is How To Do It:
- Log into Secretary of State William Galvin’s Website
- Select the Certificate you would like
- In the Section labeled “SPECIAL FILING INSTRUCTIONS type the following: “I request my certificate be sent to the Middlesex South Registry of Deeds”
- Complete the form
- Corporate Certificates can be picked up at the Customer Service Desk at the Registry of Deeds
Some certificates are now available through e-mail.
Related links: Receive certificates by e-mail
Search the Corporations database to locate or verify an entity’s ID Number
Type of Certificates available by Email
- Domestic Profit Corporations – Good Standing, Legal Existence, Dissolution
- Foreign Corporations – Good Standing, Registration, Revocation, Withdrawal
- Non Profit Corporations – Good Standing, Legal Existence, Dissolution
- Domestic Limited Partnership – Legal Existence
- Foreign Limited Partnership – Registration
- Voluntary Associations & Trusts – Legal Existence, Fees Paid
- Domestic LLC – Legal Existence
- Foreign LLC – Registration
- Domestic LLP – Legal Existence
- Foreign LLP – Registration
It is not necessary to take special ordering action to receive certificates by e-mail. Simply order the certificate and if it is available via e-mail the E-Mail column on this Certificate Request Form will present a box. Check the box and you will receive the certificate via contact e-mail. If you do not check the box the certificate will be delivered through regular mail.
All e-mailed certificates will have affixed the Massachusetts State Seal with a unique certificate number as well as the state web site where the unique certificate number may be verified for authenticity.
If you experience difficulties with ordering certificates please call the Secretary’s Call Center for citizen and corporate information at 617-727-9640.