Plan Recording Requirements
Amendments under the General Laws, Chapter 36, section 13A,approved by the Attorney General as amended January 12, 1988 are as follows:
- Plan sizes shall be a minimum of eight and one-half inches by eleven inches (8 1/2" x 11") and a maximum of twenty-four inches by thirty-six inches (24" x 36")
- Plans being presented for recording shall be on linen or polyester film, single matte with a thickness of .003 mils, and must have an opacity so as to allow consistent diazo and microfilm reproduction.
- All plans shall be prepared using a compatible ink with excellent cohesiveness which will produce a permanent bond and result in a plan with long term durability. All signatures must be in black india ink or its equal.
- Linen or polyester reproductions shall be accepted for recording provided they contain original signatures and comply with the other requirements for the recording of plans.
- Each plan shall have three quarter inch (3/4") borders.
- The minimum letter size on plans presented for recording shall be one-eighth (1/8") if free-hand lettering is used and one-tenth inch (1/10") if lettering guides are used.
- Each plan presented for recording shall include a graphic scale.
- Each plan shall have an area reserved to receive planning board recitation or contain a surveyors certification as per Chapter 380, Acts of 1966 (G.L. ch. 41, s,81x).
- Each plan shall have a three and one-half inch (3 1/2") square reserved for Suffolk Deeds Registry use.
- Each plan must contain a certification clause signed by the preparer stating that he/she has conformed with the rules and regulations of the Registries of Deeds in preparing the plan.